VMware Workstation 16 Pro Latest Version
VMware Workstation Pro is an industry standard for using multiple operating systems such as virtual machines (VMs) on a single Linux or Windows PC. IT professionals, developers, and businesses build, test, or create demo software for any device, platform, or cloud based on Workstation Pro.
VMware Workstation Pro is a managed hypervisor that works on x64 versions of Windows and Linux operating systems (previous releases with x86-32 version).
Allows users to build virtual machines (VMs) on a single portable device and use them next to a capture machine. Each virtual machine has its own operating system, including Microsoft Windows, Linux, BSD, and MS-DOS.
VMware Workstation is a product manufactured and marketed by VMware, Inc., a subsidiary of Dell Technologies. VMware Workstation Player, a free version of non-commercial use, is available.
To use Windows operating systems, you will need a license. Several sources offer virtual Linux devices designed for a variety of purposes.
VMware Workstation allows you to share portable disk drives and USB devices with a virtual machine by turning off existing network adapters.
It can emulate disc drives by inserting an ISO image file as a virtual optical disc drive, and hard disk drives used as .vmdk files.
At any time, VMware Workstation Pro will maintain the status of the virtual machine (“summary”). These images can be restored later, successfully restoring the visible device to its original state and removing any damage done behind the image.
Many virtual machines can be collected together in the launch folder of the VMware Workstation. These devices can be turned on and off as a single entity, which is used to test complex client-server locations.
- VSphere integration:
- Workspace is the ultimate vSphere partner.
- The shared hypervisor provides unparalleled environmental reliability, allowing applications to switch seamlessly between the desktop, data center, and cloud.
- Remote collections, data centers, and virtual machines are all accessible through Workstation.
- In the local lab, quickly install ESXi and VCenter Server App as VMs on one PC
2. High-Performance 3D Graphics:
- When using 3D applications, it supports DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.3 to provide a fluid and sensitive experience.
- In Windows VM, use the most challenging 3D applications such as AutoCAD or SOLIDWORKS for the closest native rendering.
3. Clones for Rapid Duplication:
- When performing the same VM configuration several times, save time and effort by ensuring direct duplication.
- Combined Clones: Repeat visual cues quickly while saving body disk space.
- Complete Clones: Make duplicates that are completely separated and shared with others.
4. Monster Virtual Machines
- VMs with up to 16 vCPUs, 8 TB discs, and 64 GB of memory can be built.
- In the visual environment, use the most challenging desktop apps and servers.
- Providing up to 3GB of hosting memory available on VM will provide graphics enhancements.
5. High-Resolution Display Support:
- Designed to support high-resolution displays
- 4K UHD (3840 × 2160) display of desktops
- QHD + display (3200 × 1800) used on laptops and x86 tablets.
- It supports multiple monitors with different DPI settings, such as a new 4K UHD display and an existing 1080p HD display.
6. Restricted Access to Virtual Machines:
- Keep company information secure.
- Access to Workstation VM settings such as drag and drop, copy and paste, and USB device connections are restricted.
- To ensure that only authorized users have access, visible devices can be encrypted and password protected.
7. REST API for VM Automation:
- Use as a workflow improvement at the local level.
- The REST API can be used remotely to control an inactive private server and uses the same API architecture as VMware Fusion.
- More than 20 controllers are available for functionality including Host and Guest Virtual Networking, VM Power, and shared folder management for scheduled installation of source code records from the host.
8. Powerful Virtual Networking:
- Create IPv4 networks or complex IPv6 VM networks, complete with Jumbo Frame support.
- Using real-world software and tools, integrate with third-party software for complete data center design.
- By adding packet loss, delays, and bandwidth to Virtual Network Simulation, you can check the durability of the application.
9. Helpful Snapshots:
- Make a return trip that you can return to the plane.
- Ready to put new software to the test or to do customer demonstrations.
- Many summaries allow you to explore a variety of situations without having to install multiple applications.
10. Cross Compatibility:
- Create virtual Linux or Windows operating systems that can be used in the VMware product line.
- For “offline” VM protection, create restricted VMs.
- Open VM standards are supported, allowing you to create and play VMs from other vendors.
11. Shared Virtual Machines:
- In the production environment created, share instantly and test apps.
- Share a pre-loaded Linux repository with Windows VMs in any desired configuration with a colleague, department, or organization using VMware Workstation Pro as a server.
Supported Host Operating Systems
- Ubuntu 19.04
- Ubuntu 18.04
- Ubuntu 17.10
- Ubuntu 16.04.3
- CentOS 7.5
- CentOS 7.4
- Debian 9.4
- Debian 9.1
- Debian 9.0
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows 10
- Windows 7
- Oracle Linux 7.3
- Fedora 30
- Fedora 28
- Fedora 27
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.0
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.9
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server/Desktop 12 SP3
- openSUSE 42.3
- openSUSE 15.0
- ESXi 6.7 Update 2