Download latest version of VLC media player
VLC Media Player was born as an educational project back in 1996 and these days it undoubtedly becomes one of the leading multimedia players for PC.
The best multimedia player player. That’s the ultimate version of VLC Player, capable of playing multiple multimedia formats, as well as DVDs, audio CDs, VCDs and various streaming processes. It started back in the mid-90s as an educational project, but these days it is considered a reference to other methods such as DivX Player, SMPlayer, BSPlayer or KMPlayer.
Is VLC the most stable and versatile player for Windows?
Yes, it is possible; IVLC Media Player gives us great stability and versatility as it can play almost any multimedia file that can be played. And it does so because of the codecs that prevent it from continuing to search for updates on the Internet. Its popularity has led to the development of other platforms such as Mac, Linux, iPhone, and Android.
Note: The best multimedia player ist totally free.
Functions and key features
The main functions of this player are very wide and go beyond the features offered to others that can be considered as its competitors, as is the case with GOM Player which, although not a bad program, does not have a few functions:
- Compatible with most audio and video formats: DivX, H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC, Cinepak, Sorenson 1/3 (Quicktime), DV (Digital Video), WMV, MP3, AAC, i -FLAC, Wavpack, MIDI, DV Audio, or REAL TEST.
- No need to download additional codecs.
- Supports different subtitle formats.
- Playing incomplete videos.
- Comes with a streaming server and client to play videos on the Internet.
- Allows you to apply filters to videos to produce different effects, distort images, and much more.
Advance Control for a Full customization
System configuration options offer complete user freedom as almost any VLC Player feature can be customized: playback, audio, subtitle tracks, channels, etc.
Next, the tools menu not only allows us to customize any feature of the playable file but also the interface to be able to adapt to each user’s preferences. Its design is one of the most attractive features of the system. Not all developers of this type of software know that simplicity will be better. At VLC we will find a sophisticated interface and design without frills that allow us to pay more attention to content than a container.
What formats does VLC play?
As we have said, he is definitely one of the players who works a lot of things. It can read multimedia video, audio, and image formats and audio transfers, as well as tags and subtitles:
- Video formats: MPEG-1/2, DivX, MPEG-4 ASP, DivX, XviD, 3ivX D4, H.261, H.263 / H.263i, H.264 / MPEG-4, AVC, Cinepak, Theora, Dirac / VC-2, MJPEG (A/B), WMV, VC-1 1, QuickTime, Digital Video, On2, Indeo Video v3, and Real Video.
- Audio formats: MPEG, MP3, AAC, Vorbis, AC3, E-AC-3, MLP, DTS, WMA, FLAC, ALAC, Speex, MPC, ATRAC 3, Wavpack, Mod, TrueAudio, APE, Real Audio, Alaw, AMR, MIDI, LPCM, ADPCM, QCELP, DV Audio. QuickTime and MACE.
- Sound and image transmission formats: UDP/RTP Unicast and Multicast, HTTP, FTP, MMS, TCP/RTP Unicast, DCCP/RTP Unicast, DVD Video, VCD, SVCD, Audio CD, DVB, and MPEG. That can broadcast the following formats: MPEG, AVI, ASF, WMV, WMA, MP4, MOV, 3GP, OGG, OGM, Annodex, Matroska (MKV), Real, WAV, Raw Audio, RAW Digital Video, FLAC, FLV (Flash), MXF, Nut, Standard MIDI, and Creative Voice.
- Subtitle formats: DVD, text files, Vobsub, USF, SVCD, DVB, OGM, CMML, and Kate.
- Tag formats: ID3, APEv2, and Vorbis comment.
New in the latest version
- Fixes problems with HLS streams.
- Fixes MP4 audio problems.
- Adds support for SSA text scaling.
- Adds NFSv4 compatibility.
- Improves SMB2 integration.
- Smoothens Direct3D11 rendering.
- It Fixes different bugs.
- Implements security fixes.
Minimum operating system requirements: Windows XP SP3.