10 BEST 2D Animation Software Free & Paid [Updated in 2021]
2D animation tools help you build characters, backgrounds, story boards, and apply effects. 2D animation represents two-dimensional animation, meaning letters and backgrounds in these types of project are made in two wide, flat spaces. These tools use vector and bitmap graphics to create and edit animated images. The following is a list of Top 2D Animation Software and tools, with its popular features and website links. The list contains open source (free) and commercial (paid) image software.
Top 2D Animation Software for Windows, and Mac:
Animaker is an online animation tool that provides many animation characters, thumbnails, layouts, BGs, maps, and charts. It is one of the best 2D animation software that helps you create the right video for your organization, presentation, freelancing projects, and your own projects.
- You can create animated videos with 6 different video styles like 2D, handcraft, whiteboard, infographics, 2.5 D, and typography.
- Beginners can make videos and use them as both presentations and presentations.
- It is one of the best free 2D software with 200 sounds to choose from.
- This tool provides 100 background music tracks.
- Enables you to record direct voice recording.
- Animaker allows the team to work together.
- You can send videos in full HD quality.
2) Animate CC
Animate CC is a tool that helps you design bitmap interactions with vector animations for games, apps, and the web. You can add action to infographics and tutorials.
- You can create new layouts for vector or figure images.
- It gives you the power to organize your layers in the parent-child category.
- It automatically matches the mouth in dealing with the voice.
- You can send a 360 VR animation.
- This tool allows you to create ads directly with Animate.
- Send photos with the correct adjustment by going through the application and using the photo settings.
Synfig is an open-source 2D vector source and animation system. This software works on three OS platforms Windows, OSX, and Linux.
- Allows you to convert any image that contains a vector format into another.
- You can link layer parameters using mathematical expressions.
- This free 2D rendering software offers more than 50 layers to create animation.
- You can create a crop animation effect using bitmap images.
Krita is a simple 2D animation tool that lets you customize your workflow. This free animation software offers over 100 customized brushes.
- Graphics software enables you to add a driving force to smooth it out.
- Customize the brush with 9 different brush engines.
- You can create comic panels using built-in vector drawing tools.
- Create seamless textures and patterns by referencing the image on the x-axis and y-axis.
- Allows you to import sewing and brushing packages from other artists.
- You can assemble, layout, or arrange layers to organize your art.
- You can highlight the drawing section.
- Krita helps you install it on your current color management microphone.
Pencil2d is a 2D hand-drawn software. Easy to use and lightweight. It is a 2D animation software that allows you to draw ink and paint on the go.
- Pencil2D is a cross-platform tool running on Windows, MacOS, and Linux applications.
- It can be used freely for commercial trading.
- You can quickly check activity using the search or folding techniques.
- This free 2D rendering software provides support for TIFF format (Tagged Image File Format).
- You can import an image as new layers for certain frames.
Opentoonz is an open source photo editing application. It is compatible with 4 types of scanning. Allows you to save scanning settings.
- Complies with TWAIN (Technology Without an Interesting Name) standards.
- Allows you to use conflicting lines.
- This tool provides an easy way to paint with temporary colors.
- You can combine results with a Graphic User Interface (GUI) with a node tree.
- Images can be treated with real scale resolution.
- This free 2D animation software is compatible with raster and vector images.
- You can apply multiple effects using plug-ins.
7) Stop Motion Studio
Stop Motion Studio is a powerful 2D animation editor available for iPhone, iPad, and MacOS. It supports cameras from some of the most popular camera manufacturers, including Canon, Nikon, and Sony.
- It has a standalone view that shows all the images in order.
- Stop Motion Studio lets you set and exit points to mark a portion of your movie for playback and expansion.
- It comes with many music clips and sounds.
- It has various painting tools as you would with traditional fabric.
- This tool has a magical wipe to remove unwanted stuff from the movie.
- It helps you design themes and credit screens.
- It provides various effects to change the look of your movie.
CelAction is a 2D animation app for movies, commercials, and TV series. This tool helps you to manage complex projects with multiple layers easily.
- You can use bitmaps or vectors or both at the same time.
- Provides floating and removable panels with the user-defined location.
- This tool enables the user to define shortcut keys.
- You can create a circle with over 16 million colors.
- Works on Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
- You can turn vector shapes into stumbling blocks.
Harmony is a tool that works for everything animation that works well, from drawing to final production. It allows you to create art, live, and add special sounds and effects to cartoons.
- Smooth Stabilizer for smooth lines.
- Provides 3, 4, and 5 curved viewing guides.
- This application allows you to create cropped images.
- You can combine it with software found in the production pipe.
- Provides 2D or 3D integration.
- Harmony helps you create 2D graphics for the game.
- You can import multilayer PSB and PSD files, Illustrator, PDF, bitmaps, and media files.
Blender is a 2D software program for enhancing viewing effects, animated movies, games, and more. This tool allows you to import or export videos to MPEG, QuickTime, and AVI file formats.
- This tool Provides Python API for writing and customization.
- You can customize the shortcuts.
- It provides a clue to the actual delivery method.
- You can create, modify, design, and edit your models.
- Provides real-time 3D scene preview and animated images.
- You can turn vertical characters into impressive cartoons